Friday, May 17, 2013

Fresh herb Gardens

Spring is upon us, and while I love the colder months I'm always eager to plant my fresh herb garden once the snow has melted. Fresh basil, parsley, chives, rosemary, dill, and thyme are just a few herbs you'll be sure to get a ton of use out off. 

Basil is fantastic with chopped over fresh tomatoes, rosemary will take homemade marinades and vinaigrettes to the next level, and I have to say I put dill in everything from cucumber salad to grilled chicken breasts. 

It won't take long and it doesn't require a large plot, but an herb garden is really worth putting together. Green thumb or not, your own herb garden is sure to take  off and add great flavor to your summer cooking!! It's a great little project to do on a sunny Saturday afternoon! 

3 comments:

  1. Where are the pictures?
    This - your herb garden - I really want to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was scheduled to be my Saturday task bur my efforts were diverted to another. Will update with pictures soon.

      Delete