Monday, October 8, 2012

WELCOME!! Foodies and Movie Buffs unite!



Foodies and movie buffs unite!! My name is Mark, I’m 26 years old and I am a writer and photographer from a small back woods town in Pennsylvania. Today is a pretty big day in this young writers life, I am starting my first blog and I hope that if you’re reading my words now, you’ll continue with me on my journey. So you might be asking, “What exactly is food for flicks?”

Ask anyone I know and they will tell you that I am a HUGE movie buff. I have an ever growing collection of movies in my room and I can literally watch my favorite films over and over again. If there is one thing I love more than watching movies, it’s suggesting my favorites to one of my friends or family members and having them watch it too. Another one of my true passions is food and cooking. I’ve been in the kitchen for as long as I can remember and to me making dinner is more of a past time than a daily chore. I love sharing my cooking and favorite movies with my loved ones and now I can’t wait to share them with all of you. Let's face it, it's not cheap to go out to dinner and see a movie so why not save some bucks and enjoy a great meal and a movie in your own living room!

So here’s the plan, unless otherwise noted, I’ll be writing three posts a week. Monday’s posts will be primarily focused on the film side of the blog. Maybe I’ll discuss a movie I saw in the theaters over the weekend or talk about a preview for an upcoming film I can’t wait to see. Wednesday will be the main post of the week. I’ll write out one of my favorite recipes and give you a movie recommendation to go along with it. Posting this on Wednesday should give you plenty of time to make sure you have all the ingredients for dinner and add the weekly movie to your online movie list or visit your nearby movie rental location to pick it up. Friday’s post will be sort of the opposite of Monday’s as I’ll write about food and cooking. Maybe suggest a new cocktail recipe I found or a quick desert you can whip up over the weekend. Bottom line is I want this blog to be as much fun for my readers as it will be for me.

Feel free to leave me any comments, suggestions, or questions at anytime along the way. I’d love to hear from my readers and hope you’ll come back often to get some tasty recipes and some great movie titles. With that, I hope to see you Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Will you do cookbook reviews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend or review a cookbook as part of a Friday Food post - maybe I'll even do one for tomorrow. Is there a certain cookbook you'd like me to review? Thanks for the comment and suggestion!

      Delete
  2. I'm a beginner at cooking. I need a good place (book) to start from. Any suggestion is appreciated.

    Your examples are very helpful. Simple and easy to understand.

    Simple meals and dishes are desired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! A great cookbook to start with actually Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals. She has great recipes that a simple, healthy, and obviously can be prepared in little time.

      Glad you're enjoying the blog.

      Delete