Monday, October 15, 2012

The Power of the Preview

Being the movie buff I am, I love to watch movie trailers. I absolutely HATE being late when I go to the movies with friends and family. They never see it the same way I do though. They're all like,"Whats the big deal?? All we're going to miss are a few previews." It's a big deal to me!! I look forward to the previews as much as, if not more, than the movie we're going to see. A good movie trailer is like the smell of Turkey and Pumpkin Pie coming from your kitchen on Thanksgiving morning.

However, not every preview is able to capture a films essence in a short two minute clip. I've even seen some where I felt like they showed too much of the movie and that there is no need to go and watch the full length feature. One trailer circling the internet and movie theaters right now that did not commit this crime is for the upcoming film, Cloud Atlas. 

Based off a novel by David Mitchell, which I just started reading, Cloud Atlas stars Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. The plot of the story is that all of us are tied together through different lives and time periods. I have to say they did a fantastic job putting this trailer together. I am completely intrigued by this film and can't wait to see it. Check out the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment