Friday, October 19, 2012

"How easy was that?"

Happy Friday everyone!! Just want to thank all my readers and the great comments you've been leaving me!

One of my readers asked if I would be doing any cookbook reviews and another left a comment asking for a good cookbook for a beginner cook to start out with. So today I thought I'd address both of those comments by recommending a book by one of the Food Network's most beloved stars - Ina Garten.

Better known as The Barefoot Contessa, Ina has charmed viewers and stimulated their appetite with her delicious recipes for cooks of all skill levels. Her cookbook Barefoot Contessa At Home is filled with recipes and tips that can aide a seasoned cook or a novice who can't tell a whisk from a butter knife.

With recipes ranging from a roasted pork loin with fennel to the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted! Ina writes her recipes in an easy to follow format that is ideal for beginners. Along with recipes and pictures that will literally make you say, "Oh man I have to make that!" Ina gives tips for creating a grocery list, hosting a dinner party, planning a menu, and so much more. After whipping up some of these dishes, you'll be in your kitchen stealing Ina's catch phrase by saying, "How easy was that?"

The best advice I can give to someone just starting to test their skills in the kitchen is not to be intimidated and don't get discouraged. Start off by finding a recipe you'd like to try and follow it word for word. That's how all cooks start off! Once you've mastered one recipe move on to another and before you know it you'll be developing your own recipes.

I really think you'll all enjoy Ina's cookbook and find some great dishes and helpful ideas - I sure did! Hope you guys have a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Which recipe is the "Best Chocolate Cake" you ever tasted - just in case she has more than one chocolate cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only chocolate cake recipe in the book but it's called Beaty's chocolate cake.

      Delete
  2. With the holidays coming up, will you offer some meal suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be posting recipes that will go great with holiday meals.

      Delete