Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Panini

A deep fried Jalapeno Popper is almost irresistible to me. Problem is being breaded, deep fried, and filled with cheese I only allow myself to have one or two on very rare occasions. My love for a popper left me looking for a way to get everything I loved about them but in a slightly more figure friendly package. Transforming a pub favorite finger food into a panini was an experiment of mine and I was thrilled with the results. I guarantee you won't miss the classic version of a popper once you try this sandwich with crunchy ciabatta bread, oven roasted jalapenos, and sharp cheddar cheese.

Yields two Paninis

4 Jalapeno Peppers
Kosher Salt and Freshly cracked Black Pepper
5 slices of Cheddar Cheese
1 small loaf of Ciabatta bread (look for a take and bake)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Take jalapeno peppers and cut off the tops and slice them in half. Place them on a small baking tray lined with a piece of tin foil. Sprinkle the peppers with a pinch of kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the skins of the peppers are tender.

Remove the peppers from the oven and remove the seeds. The seeds are what gives the peppers there heat so leave some in if you want your panini to be a bit spicier. Use any oil left on the pan to spread on the inside of the ciabatta bread for extra flavor as well.

Take the the ciabatta bread and carefully slice it in half length ways. Lay 5 slices of cheddar cheese down and top with the roasted jalapenos.Top with the remaining cheese and cap the sandwich off with the other half of ciabatta bread.

Drizzle a touch of olive oil on the top and bottom and place the sandwich onto a preheated panini press and grill for about 3-5 minutes or until the outside is crisp and the cheese has melted. Rotate the panini slightly half way through the cooking time to achieve a cross hatched grill mark look. Cut the sandwich on an angel and serve hot. Perfect snack for a movie!!!


PS - busier schedule now than I've had recently so I hope you"ll all bare with me if I'm later than normal with my posts or even miss a few here and there! I'll be writing as much as I can! Thanks all :)

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! What a great way to mix up and old classic!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! A bit healthier than the typical popper and it's quicker and easier to prepare.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!!! Off the HOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks for your comment! Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  3. MY hubby goes nuts for poppers he will luv this

    Gonna use velveeta cheese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velveeta will be a great choice for cheese as it melts very well. Hope you and your husband enjoy this one.

      Delete
  4. Great recipe! A must try for all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty pleased to discover this page. I want to to thank you for ones time
    for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you saved as
    a favorite to look at new things on your site.

    Also visit my weblog ... SEO

    ReplyDelete