Friday, August 30, 2013

Eataly

Located on 200 5th avenue in New York City, Eataly is a must see destination for any food lover. Owned by famous chefs Mario Batali, Lidia Bastianich, and Joe Bastianich the atmosphere in the store feels every bit how I imagine a European food market would be. A store front that spands over 50,000 square feet, it's jam packed with high quality Italian and specialty food items. 

The moment you walk into to Eataly, you'll realize what kind of shopping experience you're in for. Every where you look you'll see Freshly baked breads, gorgeous produce, fresh butcher counter, an impressive sea food counter, and shelves stocked full of other Italian ingredients. On top of the grocery section there is an expresso bar, a gelato stand, fresh Italian meat and cheese counter, and a cafe to enjoy. Eataly's motto is "we sell what we cook and we cook what we sell." There truly isn't one thing I could think of that this store didn't have.

I enjoyed a tasting board of some of the meats and the fresh cheeses and can say I have never tasted any better. Take my word for it, Eataly alone is worth a trip to NYC.

In addition to today's post I'd love to hear some feedback from my readers. What you like about the blog, what you don't like, anything you'd like to have on the blog in the future? Any comments are greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. Did you visit Eataly?
    Were you there to critique this food business?
    Did you interview or meet any of the owners?

    As for your question on feedback:
    Is this blog your hobby or your business?

    Where are you and this blog headed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just there is past Thursday just for a quick visit. I would have loved to meet the owners but being celebrity chefs of their caliber I don't know how often they're seen at the store.

      Blog is still just a hobby of mine but I'm trying to get a feel of what the readers like as I attempt to try and take this blog further and turn it into my living.

      Delete
    2. Your living ... Professional Food Critique/Blogger and Food Photographer, I'd say!

      Start selling your recipes and food photos!

      Delete
    3. Focus usually brings success.

      Sometimes with a split focus your true talent doesn't have a chance to shine through.

      Maybe you need to split --- Food OR Flicks???

      Me, I vote food! Your recipes and photos are awesome. The Eataly story was awesome. I'd love to see more of that as you travel around the world and sharing food and the stories behind where it comes from and how to enjoy it.

      Delete
    4. I agree with anonymous.

      Delete
    5. Thank you to all 3 of you for your comments. I appreciate your vote of confidence and your thoughts.

      Delete
  2. That platter looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete