Friday, December 28, 2012

Cookie Scoop

If you don't know already either by personal use or by today's post's title - this little utensil is a cookie scoop. I picked it up last year at Macy's and it's sure gotten a lot of use in my kitchen - especially these past few weeks.

It's so important to keep cookie batter the same size when you place them on a baking sheet to bake. Why is this? To ensure that they all get done at the same time. Think about it, how many times have you done it by hand and your cookies aren't the same size. Some are baked to perfection, some are a little too dark, and some are under baked. When you read a cookie recipe, the estimated baking time is always given with the assumption the cookie batter has been portioned evenly. If you're an avid cookie baker, this little tool will be a life saver!!

6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Cost? What else do you use if to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this was under 15 dollars but I'm not sure of the exact price. I've never used this for anything other than scopping cookie dough but im sure it has other uses.

      Delete
  2. Are you going to make Friday's your tips and tools day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every Friday but I do plan on giving out many tips and kitchen utensil reviews for my upcoming Friday posts. Hope you find them useful!

      Delete
    2. Kitchen utensil review! Awesome idea! Look forward to more!

      Delete
  3. Very informative! I love gadgets!

    ReplyDelete