Friday, December 14, 2012

Buffalo Wing Dip


Most of us are going to find ourselves either attending or hosting a holiday party of some sort during the next few weeks. If you're looking for a flawless crowd pleasing appetizer look no further than Buffalo Wing Dip. Who doesn't love a spicy buffalo wing? I even know a few vegetarians who have admitted to sneaking a hot wing when nobody was watching them. We all know how messy eating a hot wing can be and that's never fun to deal with at a social gathering. With just five ingredients I'm willing to bet you almost always have on hand, this recipe is quick and simple to make.

1 pound of Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 block of cream cheese
1 cup of Ranch or blue cheese salad dressing
¾ of a cup of Hot wing sauce
Fresh chopped Scallions (Optional)
Crispy bread, Celery, Crackers, and or Tortilla chips for scooping

Preheat oven to 375.

First step is to season your chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper. Now to cook your chicken breasts and you can really do this anyway you like. If they weather is nice, I like to grill my chicken but baking in the oven or sauteing in a skillet with a little olive oil are other recommend ways. Once you've cooked your chicken and it's cool enough to handle, shred the chicken and set aside. 

In a medium sized sauce pan, add the hot sauce, the ranch or blue cheese dressing, the block of cream cheese and stir together over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted. Next add 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, the chicken, and the chopped scallions. Transfer the dip into an over proof dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbling and the cheese has melted. Serve with crispy bread, celery, pretzels, crackers, tortilla chips, or just about anything else you can think of - seriously this stuff would taste good on a brick!

FYI - This dip is a great dish to make for watching the big games on Sunday!

20 comments:

  1. You just keep giving us one great recipe after another! You are quite the talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! This is a great dish to make for any event you might be attending or hosting year round!

      Delete
  2. Cream cheese! How did you come about to this idea? I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousin made this dip years ago at a party and she gave me the base recipe and I made a few variations. I especially like the fresh scallions in the dip, even though I didn't have any to use when I made it for this post. They add a nice fresh flavor to the dip.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant work to date!

    I especially enjoy you sharing your "meals" with us!

    So kind, generous, and civil!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying sharing my love for films and food to you.

      Delete
  4. FYI - Friends just asked me for this and yesterday's recipe. I sent them a link to your blog.

    Can you say 'cookbook'?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I greatly appreciate you sending your friend the link!

      Delete
  5. OMG - can't wait to try this. What could be better than hot wings - Hot wings without worrying that I'm eating too much chicken skin! Thanks - I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment. There are times when I'd rather just have this than an actual hot wing ha ha. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. How many scallions? The recipe doesn't say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However many you like. It's an optional ingredient depending on your preference but I'd use 3 or 4.

      Delete
    2. You didn't use any by the looks of it. I am wondering why this is?

      Delete
    3. The market I stopped at to buy my ingredients last night didn't have any so I had to make this batch without.

      Delete
  7. We have lots of canned chicken from the can can sale. How about trying it with this? Do you have any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I'm personally not a fan of canned chicken, it should work for this recipe. Just be sure to drain the chicken very well if you do use it.

      Delete
  8. How many people does it serve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will serve anywhere from 6 to 12 people. You have to remember this is an appetizer so most people will only take a small portion.

      Delete
  9. Made this dip over the weekend and it was to die for! I would recommend this to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed this!! Thanks for such a great comment!!

      Delete