Friday, November 30, 2012

Chiffonade Cut


Hi folks! I'm a little pressed for time today so I thought I'd blog about an easy knife technique known as chiffonade. The chiffonade cut is used primarily for leafy greens and herbs like Lettuce, mint, sage, or basil. In fact, this is how I sliced my basil for the marinara sauce that I blogged about on Wednesday. It's a very useful cut to know and it's as easy as "1-2-3."




 Step 1 - Stack the leafs on top of each like I have pictured here to the right











Step 2- Tightly roll the leafs together.










Step 3- Using your knife, carefully slice down the length of the rolled up leafs.
Step 4 - That's it! You're all done. Separate your slices and you'll see the thin ribbon like strips of fresh herbs.

2 comments:

  1. FYI - I look forward to M-W-F so I can check out this blog!

    Today's post is simple, informative, and brilliant! They all are!

    I'm learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you're enjoying it and learning new things! I'm enjoying bringing this blog to you and the rest of the readers.

      Delete