Friday, September 27, 2013

My new toy - Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 cup Food Processor

A good quality food processor has always been one item lacking on my kitchen counter. Now that I have one, I don't remember what I did without it! Trust me when I say that no kitchen should be without one! Depending on how much of a home cook you are is a big factor in what kind you should buy. There are quite a few cheap options on department store shelves that will work fine for the occasional cook. Knowing I'd be giving a food processor a lot of use, I did my research and my "window shopping" to find out which one was best for me and I settled on the Pro custom food processor with an 11 cup bowl made by Cuisinart.

The Cuisinart Pro Custom 11' is so far the perfect model for me and my needs. Obviously being an avid home cook, I wanted a model that could do everything I needed it too. The 11 cup capacity bowl is more than enough room and you can really see the size different from the models that only have a 7 cup bowl or smaller.

The slicing and shredding attachments that come with the food processor are a great additive. The shredding blade is perfect for shredding cheeses for pizza night, potatoes for potato pancakes, carrots for carrot cake, cabbage for cole slaw, and so much more. With the large feed tube on top, you won't have any trouble getting your food down safely into the blades.

Slicing vegetables, making pastry dough, shredding cheeses, making pesto and dressings, or mixing batters - a food processor can do it all. A quiet motor, great safety features, and easy clean up are just a few more added perks that this model has. If you're worried about the size of the food processor and it taking up a lot of counter space, this model is an ideal size and doesn't take up anymore room than an average sized toaster would. At a price ranging around $150, it's a great bang for the buck and you will certainly get your money's worth out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Food Guy ... your knowledge, skills, and abilities are priceless!

    ReplyDelete